*FEATURED* Unified Development Ordinance

Current Planning and Zoning

Applications may be submitted in person or by mail to the New Hanover County Planning & Land Use Department, located at 230 Government Center Drive; Suite 110.

Please see the TRC, ZBA, and Planning Board schedules for application deadlines.

The New Hanover County Zoning Division administers the Minor Permit program under the Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA) on behalf of the State, in both the unincorporated County and City of Wilmington. The CAMA Minor Permit program involves issuance of permits for construction in and near the water; protection of dunes and marshes through construction standards; and investigation of violations. An important part of the program is managing development in the coastal area by requiring permits for development in Areas of Environmental Concern (AECs).

CLICK HERE for information on the CAMA permitting process.

Planning and Land Use: 230 Government Center Dr, Suite 110 • Wilmington, NC 28403 • Phone 910-798-7165 • Fax 910-798-7053